The government watchdog group Judicial Watch has released their Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians for 2009. The results are not terribly surprising to people who pay attention. They provide clear and detailed reasons for each, but I will only provide their list in condensed form. Check out their full list here. Note that the list is in alphabetical order, or Charlie Rangel would certainly not be #10!
- Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT). The Senator from CountryWide.
- Senator John Ensign (R-NV). Philandering and bribery for associated coverups.
- Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA). Incredibly corrupt, and a key player in the economic crash.
- Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner. Tax cheat.
- Attorney General Eric Holder. Dropped charges against already-convicted Black Panthers, refuses to investigate ACORN.
- Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)/ Senator Roland Burris (D-IL). The purchase of Obama’s vacant Senate seat.
- President Barack Obama. “Government-run healthcare and car companies, White House coercion, uninvestigated ACORN corruption, debasing his office to help Chicago cronies, attacks on conservative media and the private sector, unprecedented and dangerous new rights for terrorists, perks for campaign donors – this is Obama’s “ethics” record — and we haven’t even gotten through the first year of his presidency.”
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Lying about what she knew about waterboarding, among other things.
- Rep. John Murtha (D-PA). “Murtha reported receiving contributions from three former PMA clients for whom he requested earmarks in the pending appropriations bills.”
- Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY). Tax cheat and abuse of power.
As you can see, nine out of ten are Democrats. Can you say Culture of Corruption? One wonders how much coverage this corruption would get if the politicians were Republicans.