No, this conference is not for people for whom Man Made Climate Change is a false religion… this is the other side, the skeptics who have not forgotten how real science is done (unlike the IPCC). With real science, you propose a hypothesis and let everyone try to poke holes in your theory. Not so with climate change, it gets to be extra special for some reason. No questioning allowed!
On March 8-10, these skeptics are meeting in New York. Does anyone want to venture a theory as to how much coverage the MSM will give this? Compare that to the ManBearPig-believing Al Gore, who gets in the news every time he decides to pontificate on the non-existent man made climate change.
Headliners among the 70-plus presenters will be:
- Vaclav Klaus, president of the Czech Republic and of the European Union. At the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, he declared, “Environmentalism and the global warming alarmism is challenging our freedom. I’m afraid that the current crisis will be misused for radically constraining the functioning of the markets and market economy all around the world.”
- American astronaut Dr. Jack Schmitt–the last living man to walk on the moon–a geologist Ph.D. who has contended he has seen “too many of [my] colleagues lose grant funding when they haven’t gone along with the so-called political consensus that we’re in a human-caused global warming.”
- William Gray, Colorado State University, who claims global warming alarmists have hijacked the American Meteorological Society.
- Richard Lindzen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one of the world’s leading experts in dynamic meteorology, especially planetary waves.
- Stephen McIntyre, primary author of Climate Audit, a blog devoted to the analysis and discussion of climate data. He is a devastating critic of the temperature record of the past 1,000 years, particularly the work of Michael E. Mann, creator of the infamous “hockey stick” graph. That graph–thoroughly discredited in scientific circles–supposedly proved that mankind is responsible for a sharp increase in greenhouse gases.
- Arthur Robinson, curator of a global warming petition signed by more than 32,000 American scientists, including more than 10,000 with doctorate degrees, rejecting the alarmist assertion that global warming has put the Earth in crisis and is caused primarily by mankind.
- Willie Soon, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
- Roy Spencer, University of Alabama at Huntsville, principal research scientist and team leader on NASA’s Aqua satellite.
- Don Easterbrook, professor of geology at Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington, who will present new data showing “the most recent global warming that began in 1977 is over, and the Earth has entered a new phase of global cooling.”
The Heartland Institute, a 25-year-old national nonpartisan think-tank based in Chicago, said all of the event’s expenses will be covered by admission fees and individual and foundation donors to Heartland. No corporate dollars or sponsorships earmarked for the event were solicited or accepted.
I wil not hold my breath waiting for Katie or Brian or Charlie to report this. Even if they do it will be delivered with a sneer and an eye roll. They all know better than us proles, you know.