This is what I have been saying… this new President is allegedly so smart that he must be aware of the same history that I know. He surely knows how destructive FDR’s response in the 30s was to the economy and the contrast of Reagan’s tax cutting response to Jimmy Carter’s recession. Knowing just those two approaches and the two very different results, he must intentionally want the economy to continue tanking. Remember that Democrats’ path to power always requires misery and if President Obama can make the misery more universal then he can secure more power and dependency on government.
A couple of quotes:
Consider that, in the teeth of a devastating recession, Obama has:
• Raised taxes on small businesses, the engines of entrepreneurship and job growth
• Raised the capital gains tax
• Lied about “tax cuts for 95% of Americans”, offering instead $13 a week, achieved not through tax cuts, but by changing the federal withholding tables!
• Destroyed charitable giving by axing the tax breaks for 26% of all giving (or $81 billion in 2006)
• Proposed a carbon cap-and-trading scheme designed to punish oil companies and further tax consumers
Why would Obama inflict these destructive policies while the economy is collapsing? Simple. Each step strengthens the role of government in people’s lives.
Since he is (allegedly) so smart, I can only assume that his economy-destroying proposals are intentionally designed to make the economy so bad that we will let him do anything. Since he is following in the FDR template, we should expect him to attempt to expand the Supreme Court soon, right?
The only plausible explanation is that Obama’s destruction of the economy is intentional.
It is based on a failed ideology that has never — and can never — succeed.
And I’m not the only one who thinks so. Jim Cramer is a long-time investor who’s been around the block a few times. He thinks the Obama agenda is crystal clear, stating “…their agenda is destroying the life savings of millions of Americans… we’ve elected a Leninist.”
Those of you who voted for this guy are the most naive and gullible people ever to fall off of the turnip truck. Unfortunately, we all get the government that only you myrmidons deserve.